ABOUT BOOMERS REBOOT
Boomers ReBoot was created by Barry Chaffee, a blogger and baby boomer entrepreneur. I began my internet career back in 1997. I started a ridiculously simple website using AOL’s home page system. In 1998 I got a little more sophisticated and launched a new site called FreeWhatever.com. I kept this site for a couple years and had some small success with it. The site was intended to be a portal to Free offers that was monetized by upgrading to paid products I was affiliated with. What I learned from that experience was Content is King. I didn’t have enough quality content, so the site didn’t rank well, but I did get some traffic due to blind luck.
Previously, I had always had an interest in techy stuff. In 1981 I purchased my first computer, a Commodore 64. It had 64 kb or ram and no hard drive. The storage drive was separate and played the real “floppy disks” (the really did flop and bend). I hooked up a dot matrix printer and typed my graduate thesis (I have a Master of Divinity from a Lutheran seminary) using a basic word processing program on a floppy disk.
I have always had a desire to help others, hence my career as a pastor and now a life, business and marketing coach. So, instead of Shepherding the flock at the church, I have expanded my flock (so to speak) to Baby Boomers interested in doing a ReBoot, or in other words starting or re-starting a career, especially one that involves the Internet and Social Media. I am passionate about using new technology for personal, spiritual and intellectual development. I especially enjoy creating new internet based communities, businesses and training programs.
Many Boomers are still functionally illiterate when it comes to computer or internet technology. They have little or no idea how to harness the power and the kinds of opportunity that a basic to intermediate knowledge of new technology can provide for a Boomer who wants to ReBoot and excel.
So, how do I intend to help Baby Boomers? I have a 5 step approach to helping boomers. I am in the process of writing a book entitled , yeah you guessed it “Boomers ReBoot.” In the book I spell out 5 Steps to ReBooting your life, career-business, relationships, health and spiritual life.
Here is a quick Summary of the 5 Steps:
- ReBoot #1... Take an assessment of where you are right now in your life and take the steps that I lay out to ReBoot your life’s goals, dreams and desires.
- ReBoot #2... ReBoot your passion for your deepest desires to create something meaningful in the latter years of your life. This could be career related, or a long held dream to start your own business. Or maybe you want to finish that college or graduate degree. Answer the question “who am I”? and ReBoot a new enthusiasm for life. Follow my steps for doing a dream ReBoot.
- ReBoot #3... ReBoot your personal and business relationships. If you’re not in harmony with your spouse, significant other, children or business associates, then you have a roadblock in your way to the fulfillment of your life goals. Follow my steps for ReBooting your relationships.
- ReBoot #4... ReBoot your Health. This is a serious issue with many boomers today. One reason many have lost their idealism we had in the 60’s and 70’s is not just time passed, but the poor physical condition many are in today. Follow my steps to doing a Health ReBoot.
- ReBoot #5... ReBoot your spirit. Whether you’re a religious person or not, there is an ongoing need for inner renewal and introspection. Answering the question “Who Am I?” is a spiritual question. Follow my steps to a a spiritual ReBoot.